Fairy tale booklets
Detailed Metadataexpand all
- Name : Fairy tale booklets
- Title : Fairy tale booklets
- Date : 2023-06-30
- Description : These two booklets were destined for use in kindergartens and schools in Sebjan-Küöl and the Bystraja district of Kamchatka. They contain fairy tales and a little personal story about the importance of protecting animal young that were recorded during the project. They comprise the Even original in the Cyrillic orthography in use in the two locations, with a line-by-line Russian translation. The booklet intended for Sebjan-Küöl starts off with the tales recorded there and continues with the tales recorded in Kamchatka, while the order of tales is inverse in the booklet intended for Kamchatka. We included the Even original of all tales in the Sebjan-Küöl booklet, since at least some children there still know the language, and they are furthermore familiar with the standard Even taught at school, which is based on an eastern dialect. In contrast, we did not include the Even original for the tales recorded in Sebjan-Küöl in the booklet sent to Kamchatka, since the Lamunkhin dialect differs considerably from the Bystraja dialect the children – who do not speak Even anymore – may have heard from grandparents or in school. In Sebjan-Küöl we asked local schoolchildren to draw pictures illustrating the tales, and further images were produced by Marieke Schreiber at the multimedia department of the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology (MPI-EVA) in Leipzig, Germany. The booklets were produced at MPI-EVA in 2012-2013, with the substantial assistance of Evgeniya Zhivotova for the transliteration of the texts and Marieke Schreiber and Sylvio Tüpke of the multimedia department for several images, the layout, and the printing.
- Continent : Europe
- Country : Germany
- Name : Dialectal and cultural diversity among Evens in Siberia
- Id : https://hdl.handle.net/1839/7c8690eb-381a-4beb-a7fa-8865e5b6279e
- Name : Natalia Aralova
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organisation : Kiel University
[author(s)] (2023). Item "Fairy tale booklets" in collection "Even". The Language Archive. https://hdl.handle.net/1839/3d4322fd-d579-4378-b40f-a4857ba5c927. (Accessed 2024-03-05)
Note: This citation was extracted automatically from the available metadata and may contain inaccuracies. In case of multiple authors, the ordering is arbitrary. Please contact the archive staff in case you need help on how to cite this resource. Author information could not be extracted automatically for this resource.