Most recent releases:
July 04, 2022: Release 6.4
This release contains a few new features and several bug fixes.
The main changes are:
- support for calling a pre-configured
WebLichttool chain using a stored tool chain file
- a new export to an
Annotation Serverhas been added. Annotations are uploaded in W3C Web Annotation format (experimental).
- the support for external references from annotations and CV entries has been extended:
- a menu item in the Annotation menu allows to set a reference to an external resource
- right clicking the active annotation shows a
Show in Browseror
Open in default applicationmenu item if there is such a reference
- when the external resource is a video, hovering the mouse pointer over the annotation with the CTRL key pressed, the video is shown inline in the (Timeline) viewer.
- on Linux and macOS audio samples can now be extracted from video using embedded
- in the
Platform/OSpreference panel, a separate group has now been created for audio extraction from video. The option
Nonedisables this feature, the other option(s) depend on the platform.
- in the export to
FLEx, three-letter language codes for languages that have a two-letter equivalent, are replaced by the two-letter code
- added support for
The fixes and minor changes are:
- the custom scrollbars in the Timeline viewer have been replaced by a standard scroll pane. Especially vertical scrolling should be smoother (this still depends on the system). The zoom slider in the right bottom corner had to be removed for this.
- fixed manual setting of a custom frame rate (especially on macOS)
- extended the options for a custom video aspect ratio, added options for vertical, portrait videos
- removed superfluous tab characters in the tab delimited text export
- cleaned up or removed several features based on web services
- fixed a bug in Transcription mode occurring in less common tier type set-ups
July 15, 2021: Release of Simple-ELAN 1.4
This is a maintenance release which is functionally almost the same as the 1.3 release. It includes a newer Java version (OpenJDK 14) and has the latest updates of the main ELAN distribution.
The main changes are:
- minor changes in the behavior of the VLC player, harmonizing it with that of other player frameworks
- attempts are made to solve a problem with the video not scaling to its designated size
- like in ELAN, on Windows and macOS a waveform is now also shown if a video is linked without a
(there are some known issues on macOS with this, see the release notes of ELAN 6.2)