Using TextGrid File

Hi,
I am using a TextGrid file form Praat. I created the different types and tiers needed for the transcriptions, however, in the segmentation mode i only see the default tier but not the dependencies. The View -> Tier dependencies shows the desired structure. Any idea why the dependencies are not displayed.
Thanks,
Sousou

Hi, in Segmentation Mode only the independent, top level tiers are visible, because up to now the segmentation-while-playing method of this mode is only implemented for independent tiers. There are plans for extending this with support for “Time Subdivision” and “Included In” type of tiers, but for now only the top level tiers are available in that mode. In Annotation Mode annotations can be created on any type of tier.

Thanks Han for your response!
How do I create the dependent tiers from within the annotation mode? Under the Grid tab I can see all the segmentations on the default independent tier. Where can I segment this further into dependent tiers (of time and symbolic subdivision … Stereotype).
Can you guide me through or refer me to a document?
I really appreciate your help!

Sousou

There are several ways to create annotations on dependent tiers, e.g. by making a selection (e.g. by dragging with the mouse), by using keyboard shortcuts or commands from the menu.
Here is a short step-by-step guide you can consult or you can have a look at the manual, e.g. sections 2.8 and 2.9.

Thanks for the documents.
The issue I am having is that I don’t see the tiers’ names (the dependencies) on the segmentation view. in the show tiers box there is only the default parent tier. According to the Tier dependencies box, my tiers are created in the desired way. I want to be able to see all the created tiers on the segmentation view. I used to do that in the past, how do I bring that feature back.

Thanks,

Sousou

To my knowledge Segmentation Mode only shows (and ever showed) independent tiers and dependent tiers of type Included In (here I must correct my post of May 12th, Included In is already supported).
So, I wonder if we are talking about the same thing. We started out with Options->Segmentation Mode, then switched to Options->Annotation Mode and I’m not sure where we are when you now mention “segmentation view”. In case this still is in Annotation Mode maybe you want to change tier visibility via the right mouse context menu of the area where the tier names are displayed? Otherwise maybe you can add a screenshot of the place where you expect more tiers?