Error compiling

Trying to build, received this error. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance!

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 3.159 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2020-06-18T16:58:35-04:00
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.2:exec (exec) on project elan: Command execution failed.: Process exited with an error: 1(Exit value: 1) -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.2:exec (exec) on project elan: Command execution failed.
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:215)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:156)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:148)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject (LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:117)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject (LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:81)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build (SingleThreadedBuilder.java:56)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute (LifecycleStarter.java:128)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute (DefaultMaven.java:305)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute (DefaultMaven.java:192)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute (DefaultMaven.java:105)
at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute (MavenCli.java:957)
at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain (MavenCli.java:289)
at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main (MavenCli.java:193)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0 (Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Method.java:498)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced (Launcher.java:282)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch (Launcher.java:225)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode (Launcher.java:406)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main (Launcher.java:347)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Command execution failed.
at org.codehaus.mojo.exec.ExecMojo.execute (ExecMojo.java:345)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo (DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:137)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:210)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:156)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:148)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject (LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:117)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject (LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:81)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build (SingleThreadedBuilder.java:56)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute (LifecycleStarter.java:128)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced (Launcher.java:282)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode (Launcher.java:406)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteException: Process exited with an error: 1(Exit value: 1)
at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.executeInternal (DefaultExecutor.java:346)
at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.execute (DefaultExecutor.java:149)
at org.codehaus.mojo.exec.ExecMojo.executeCommandLine (ExecMojo.java:589)
at org.codehaus.mojo.exec.ExecMojo.execute (ExecMojo.java:335)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo (DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:137)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:210)
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

Which command did you use to end with this error? And I assume there were no errors or warnings in the terminal output before the part you copied and pasted?

It might be useful to add some information about the environment (platform, versions etc.). I have no idea based on the pasted output alone, I’m afraid.

Sorry for lack of detail. This is a build that previously worked, after help from this forum (here). I am running Manjaro Linux (5.6.16-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT x86_64 GNU/Linux). I ran mvn -X test in the “elan-5.9” directory. It’s a lot of output, so I’ve put it in a pastebin: https://pastebin.com/NndS6XSe. Thanks for your help!

I didn’t analyze the entire output (indeed, it’s a lot) in depth, but I see some traces of openjdk 8 and I’m wondering if that might be the reason for the failure. I would expect a clearer error message if that was the problem, but it might be worth trying to set JAVA_HOME to a jdk 11 or higher and see if that solves the issue?

That was it. For some reason had both 8 and 14 installed. Everything cleaned up now!
Thanks!

Ok, that’s great, then I won’t bother looking into the terminal output any further!